Friday, May 8, 2015

Celebrating 3 Years Since Graduation


I can't believe it's been 3 years since I graduated from my CINO college (which has a university status as of last fall) alma mater. It seems like only yesterday I was nervously walking across the stage at the Gibson Amphitheater, cheeks bright red since I didn't like the attention... or my face on the big screen. lol. To celebrate the 3 years of freedom (ha!), I thought I'd share with y'all the top 9 posts from my time at that prison, in chronological order. ;)

1.  October 25, 2010: CINO (Catholic In Name Only) and Double Majors The post that blew up everywhere (even made it into First Things) and start my posts about my alma mater.

2. December 2, 2010: I'm Undercover at the CINO... Follow-up to the first post, further explaining my decision of attending the school.

3. September 9, 2011: It's Finally Happened... My surprise at one of the handful of lectures that were actual orthodox during my time as a Religious Studies major.

4. September 15, 2011: I Finally Watched The Passion... Sort Of. What happened the first time this Religious Studies major watched The Passion with her classmates.

5. December 23, 2011: Ooh, My CINO College is in Trouble... The one in which a professor confirms that they're not supposed to teach what is taught on campus.

6. January 12, 2012: Profs Don't Like Me But Like Abortion Yep, abortion is praised during a lecture.

7. February 29, 2012: Well, I'm Not Stopping... People started referring to me as "the girl with the blog" on campus.

8. April 12, 2012: Emmy, Defender of the Pope and Priests? New confessor inspires me to fight for the Pope and priests after hearing what is said about clergy during lectures.

9. May 8, 2012: I'm Officially a College Graduate. Recap from exactly 3 years ago, today, of the graduation ceremony and the two years I spent at the school.

Hope you enjoy the trip down memory lane if you've read this blog long enough. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

3 comments:

Luke Stager said...

I started following your blog about a year or so ago, and so I had not read this far back, but I just read all nine of those old posts. Wow, what an intense journey! Thank you for sharing your stories and being an inspiration. I am the kind of person who does not like conflict or argument and so I don't often speak up when people attack the Church's teachings, but this series of posts has encouraged me to perhaps be a bit braver. Thanks!

Melissa Cecilia said...

Thank you, Luke!

Jacob Astudillo said...

Hi Emmy,

I've been following your blog for some time now. I find it very interesting. I'm sorry you had to go through all that garbage they taught you at that supposedly Catholic college, and that you probably paid a lot of money for it, too. I've also taken classes in Religious studies, at a public university, so I can relate to some of the things you're writing about.

Anyway, I'm glad you stuck it out. This way you know how the other side thinks, which is not altogether a bad thing. Hope all goes well with your future studies.