Saturday, August 23, 2014

My View, Vol. 5

What I am reading: I'm currently re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series by  L.M. Montgomery (I LOVE these books, no matter how old I am) with Kiera. I also decided to start reading Envoy for Christ by Patrick Madrid this past week. It's been on my list for a long time. It's my last week before the Fall semester begins so I'm really trying to squeeze in as much quality book time as possible. Sure, I read a ton of books for my courses but it's not the same as reading for pleasure. I'll be continuing the Anne series throughout the semester.

Favorite eats: I've been all about chicken tacos and lentil soup this week because of my low iron levels. Not anemic as previously thought (whoo!) but I'm trying to up the iron intake because of how low the levels are. I am going to try to make kale chips before the week is over as well. Also, if you haven't tried In-N-Out fries "well done", you should. So good!

This week in history: I had another doctor's appointment in which I got my results from last week's blood draw. Everything (except two things) were perfect. As previously mentioned, I am not anemic but my iron levels and platelets are unfortunately low. I'm starting the iron pills today (had to wait to get other meds). Kind of dreading the pills since I heard they're a bit much on the stomach but it's going to be for my own good so I'll be a brave little toaster... er... gal.

Oh! I also went to Disneyland on Monday since my annual pass is once again unblocked. That was fun and I'm so grateful for the pass (it was a birthday gift) because it helps me learn to function and manage my anxiety around crowds (which triggers my PTSD). Crowds were crazy but I managed to make it through the day in one piece. Hooray!

Prayers: For all those who are suffering and are experiencing injustice both abroad and here in the U.S. For my good friends, Thomas and Andrew, who are now seminarians. Both are two of my favorite fellas and both would make excellent priests. For my low iron levels and (especially) my platelets to go up, please. The platelets are the ones I'm more worried about, though I'm trying to leave it all in God's hands and not think about it too much.

Next week, I am going to: start classes for the Fall semester on Monday. I'll be taking 14 units instead of 15, and one will be an observation (think "hands on" experience)/grad school course. I hope the semester won't be too painfully bad. Summer was insane.

I also have spiritual direction next week... which I am sure I need despite being in a good place. I still have a lot of things to work on, including my issues with being occasionally scrupulous, so it'll be good for me.

And that was my week. :D

No comments: