Monday, July 14, 2014

"This is...." Novel Playlist

This is a spoiler alert for those of you who haven't read the novel. You can stop reading and just go listen to the playlist if you'd like right about... now.

I've been asked if the short playlist Lina makes Will ("This is What Awesome Sounds Like") actually exists. The answer is yes... and no. There are playlists for each of the big characters that I created (Will, Lina, and Candace) to help me get into the head space of each one. However, there was not one single playlist named "This is..."; that came late in the editing process. Still, I decided to create it

I used some of the songs that I already had for Will's playlist as an inspiration for the playlist that eventually became "This is What Awesome Sounds Like." Not all the songs from Will's playlists are on there because the actual playlists (for both the first novel and the sequel) go into the triple digits. I only picked the songs that I thought Lina would pick for Will in a hurry. No hidden messages behind the songs; they were just picked because I (er, Lina) liked them. ;)



And that is it for post. I think I'll continue sharing novel playlists for the next two Mondays since I've sort of made this month my novel month; yes, I'm still donating half (maybe all) of the proceeds to cancer research. (side note: thank you to those of you who have purchased the novel during the first two weeks of this month. :)) I'll most likely do shorten versions of the "Will", "Lina", and "Candace" playlists for next week. ;)

I think I've procrastinated enough. Back to studying for that dread anatomy exam. Yes, I dread every anatomy exam. lol.

I hope y'all had a great weekend.

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

No comments: