Friday, June 27, 2014

7 Quick Takes Vol. 18: Blogging Break, Novenas, and More.


-- 1 --
Sorry for the blogging break. I've been really busy with school (of course) so I don't have a lot of free time. The free time I do have is spent on Twitter because it's easier to catch up with friends individually and I don't spend a whole lot of time on it (unless there's a futbol match). I may take the entire month of July off from blogging because it's my last full month of summer term classes and I have 5 finals to study for before the end of the month. I'm not sure yet... I'll keep y'all posted.

-- 2 --
I've been a novena machine lately. Yesterday was the last day of the Sacred Heart novena and today is the last day of the Undoer of Knots novena I'm doing with a friend. I'm also on Day Three of the Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati novena and today starts the St. Maria Goretti novena. Trust me, people have needed novenas lately and I'm happy to oblige when asked to pray for them.

-- 3 -- 
I had spiritual direction this morning, which was a fantastic start of my day! I'm so sad I woke up too late for Mass but I got up for SD and then I spent some time in front of the tabernacle. I've had a lot to be thankful for lately (even though the past week has been one bad thing after another) so I wanted to spend some time with Jesus.

-- 4 --
School's... there. lol. I didn't do too great on my last Anatomy exam because I literally blanked out on on everything that I had studied. I had transportation issues that morning (I left the house 40 minutes later than I should have... and it wasn't my fault; I was ready at 7:30 am, half an hour before the time scheduled). Traffic was a nightmare and I got to my proctored exam 20 minutes late. I think all of that sort of got to me and I blanked out during the exam, which stinks. Thankfully, I aced the last one and if I can ace the next/last two, I'll be okay in terms of final grade. I just really need to work hard... and possibly do another Holy Spirit novena. lol. Other classes are going great. :D

-- 5 -- 
It seems like almost everyone had a terrible week this past week. I'm not sure why but hugs to everyone. I had a pretty tough last 9 days... well, 8 because today's been pretty good so far. I could say it was novena related but I'm not going to use that excuse. The important thing to remember is that (and I quote Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables) "... tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet..." Everyone do me a favor and do one simple pleasure, per day, for the rest of the week (Friday through Sunday). If that means taking a nap, eating a bowl of ice cream, watching an episode of your favorite show... whatever it is, do one thing per day. We all deserve it after the week we've had.

-- 6 --
I have a bone to pick with everyone who voted for St. Raphael the Archangel as my patron for the year. lol. It seems I've been in proposal/wedding planning mode (not for me, lol), break-up mode (not for me), and dishing a lot of advice lately. It's kind of odd because I don't have a ton of experience in that area but I still get asked. It's very interesting. I was hoping for more travel this year but I guess this year will be spent trying to help others with their love lives. Thanks, y'all. lol. ;)

-- 7 --
I had the biggest crush on Gene Kelly years ago and this number always makes me smile. I had nothing else to add to these 7 quick takes so here's something that I hope makes some of y'all smile. By the way, did you know Gene Kelly had a fever of 101 while making this scene? Yes, seriously. I try to remind myself of that every time I have a fever. Also, I do not own the video and youtube said the person had a standard license so... do not sue me, people. 


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

That's it for now. I need to go pick mom up from work and then clean my messy room (which is rare for me; I like things clean) before finishing my coursework for the week. Ah, the life of a student.

I hope y'all are doing well!

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

1 comment:

Joan said...

Blogging breaks can be nice sometimes! And I feel like I get into novena kicks sometimes too! I'm trying to stay motivated with the 54 day Rosary Novena right now! Good luck with all of your school assignments! :)