Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Remedy: the Rosary, Chaplet of the Divine Mercy & Confession

This blog post is a little late but it's going up. Trying not to break the chain. :) Also, picture from LOLSaints. :D

I just returned home from confession and it was just what I needed. We got there half an hour before confessions started (as I'd been told that they would be half an hour early today) and when mom and I noticed that our spiritual director wasn't going to make it on time, I started praying the Rosary. I started feeling a bit of the anger I've been feeling the past couple of days being lifted off of my shoulders as I prayed the Joyful Mysteries. Once I was done, and saw that Fr. Prado wasn't going to be there anytime soon, I went ahead and prayed the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy. By the end of it, I felt as if most of the negative feelings I'd felt had disappeared.

A visiting priest (whose name I, unfortunately, didn't catch) ended up being the only one who heard confessions so I made my confession with him. The words he told me in the confessional did away with whatever bad feelings I had left. I cried for the first time (well, first time in the confessional) in a long time and I came out feeling like my old self. It was wonderful and I am so grateful that we have this Sacrament because sometimes it's what you need to get you back to where you're supposed to be. I am now looking forward to attending Mass this coming week... and also about praying again.

Lesson learned: when feeling despair and detached, the best remedy is to pray the Rosary, the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy, and have a good, honest (I'm talking a hold-nothing-back) confession. Thank you, God!

Anyway, it's a short post today as I'm feeling a bit of writer's block... and today is my last day of Netflix and I'm trying to get through an entire show (which only has three season) before midnight. ;)

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

No comments: