Friday, February 24, 2012

First Timer: Stations of the Cross

This will be short as I'm sort of in the middle of (over) analyzing the first Act of Hamlet for my Literature class. No, I am not procrastinating; this is a break between the first and second part of my weekly assignments.

Later today, I will be going to church for my first Stations of the Cross. Technically, it's not the first time I've meditated on them. I've done them a couple of times in the comfort of my own home. Since this is the first Lent that I am mobile (a year ago, Joe was still teaching me how to drive and I didn't have my license), I am taking advantage of having a car. I already attended Mass in the morning but I don't mind going back for the Stations this evening.

I don't know what to expect. I usually cry during the Stations (as well as during the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary) but I am not big on crying in public (as I don't want to disturb anyone) so it's going to be interesting to see what happens. And before anyone asks, I cry because I think of all the suffering Jesus went through and then I remember about how I take a lot for granted and the waterworks turn on. There is more but it's personal so... you get the gist.

Any tips for those who have attended before? I'm very much a newbie to these things (still learning here) so if there is anything that I need to do to prepare myself, please let me know.

Okay, back to dissecting the Ghost in Hamlet and what his (it's?) appearance could possibly mean.

Hope y'all have had a great day thus far. Don't forget: No meat today!

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :)

No comments: