Friday, December 23, 2011

Ooh, My CINO College Is in Trouble...

"Finally!" I know. lol. The reason why I waited so long to write this post is because I wanted a) get my final grades for the semester before I posted (3.8 for the semester, baby!) and b) I was so disappointed with what I "learned" and I didn't want to write a post full of rants. I hope to be as diplomatic as possible when I write this but... fair warning, we all know how much I do not like my CINO (Catholic In Name Only) College.

First off, let me say that I am not going to expose my school by giving name of it or of the professors because I want to graduate next May (lol) and I've heard that they are "sue happy" and they've already sued a former student for "slander." Yes, I wrote slander in quotes because it really isn't... and they know it. You see the title? Yeah, I've had three separate confirmations from professors (both within the department of my major and outside the department) that they actually don't teach what they're supposed to. One professor said that all professors in Catholic colleges sign something (very vague) that says that they're not supposed to teach liberation theology... but they still do. This professor acknowledged that they would get into trouble if others found out what was being "taught." Another professor confirmed that what they "teach" is liberation theology but they try to find ways to call it something else so that they won't get discovered (something I also got from my confessor -- who is not affiliated with the school -- when I mentioned it). Yup. They don't seem to care that we know these things because they pride themselves in it and because a lot of my classmates agree with me. Most do but there are some of us (a very, very, very small portion of us) who are so excited to be graduating in a little over 4 months because we are not happy.

This semester I was lucky enough to have only two classes that were Religious but they were... interesting. In one we had the odd lectures that were surprisingly orthodox (though I suspect that was for my sake as it is well known in the department that I am "traditional" one). It was not as bad as some of my previous courses but you could tell that they were really pushing the liberal agenda at us because all but one of us were seniors and we're graduating in May. I made a new friend in the class whom I suffered with. She has it well hidden that she's orthodox because it's kind of dangerous to be known as not being in agreement with the liberalism, but we definitely had a chance to talk when we were just so disappointed in what was being taught. The other class had some blatant anti-Catholic literature that made me want to cry. I actually think I did cry once. It was so bad.

I recently found out that my school has also aligned itself with a very well known politician that is pro-abortion and pro a bunch of things that are against Catholic beliefs. Um, yeah. My school's in trouble alright. Not in the "ooh, I'm telling and then y'all can sue me" way but... the school is in danger of getting worse and being responsible for misguiding so many young men and women that attend it. I would love to go back one day and become a professor so that I can teach what is the Truth. I probably wouldn't last long (a professor already left because they did not want her to teach certain things) but I would try my hardest to change things.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I majored in Religious Studies and why I want to teach. I want to help however many people I know that all of that will actually end up hurting them in the long run. It's no longer me being rebellious against them and being so "loud and proud" of being "traditional" (I don't even like using that term but they use it); it's about saving these kids. I've seen so many of my classmates go in with the right mindset and then come out (one short semester later) renouncing what proper Catholic education they were given prior to attending this school. It's so sad to see this and I try to speak up as much as I can but since I'm only a "student" and I "don't know better than they do; I'm wrong, they're right," I don't get taken seriously by many of my classmates. I do help some but I sadly cannot help them all.

I sincerely wish that my school gets its act together or that they formally drop the "Catholic" from their description because we're not taught Catholicism properly. Most of the time in Religious Studies classes, we don't even get much Catholicism. The Ex corde Ecclesiae (which one of my professors didn't name but I learned about on my own) is not being followed. Why should a school, whose professors blatantly trash the Pope, priests and the Church's teachings, get to keep a Catholic identity when it's anything but? I don't get it. It's like false advertisement. If I'd known all of this way before I committed myself to finishing my degree at this school, I would've gone else.

While I no longer get graded down for my assignments (I'm pretty sure they know I'd do something if they continued doing it), I'm still not happy. It it well known that I am public enemy #1 of the department. I'm sort of infamous at the moment for this. I'm known as "that super religious girl." lol. So people know I have a blog (because a "friend" exposed me as a blogger) but they don't know which one it is or my pen name. (Though, after I receive my diploma, that will change.) I don't like trouble but I'm not going to back down when I see or hear the Church being trashed. It's not right. I love God and I love the Church so much that it hurts me when they speak falsehoods against Him and her. I do have a little over 4 months to go (and that is if they approve my Thesis, which I've already been warned that I could "bomb" thus keeping me from graduating) so... lots and lots of prayers from now until early May.

Anyway, that's my recap of the penultimate semester at my CINO college. I did not write a list of things I was "taught" this semester because I would've started ranting about it. I may one day write everything down but at the moment, I'm just letting my prison sentence... er, I mean, my last couple of months pass before I can give me final evaluation of my "education" at this school. Now I just need your prayers because my Thesis is going to be a battle. They already want me to change things to fit their liberal views but I'm stubborn and it's my Thesis so... not going to happen. Sorry. ;) I hope that those of you at other CINO colleges know that you are not alone and that I will be praying for y'all because I know how much this situation stinks.

That's all for now. I will have posts earlier tomorrow and on Christmas day (which is also the 4th anniversary of this blog.) Oh, and, P.S. don't forget to vote for the patron saint of 2012 (the poll is on the right hand side). You may vote for however many saints you'd like. Right now St. Catherine of Siena and St. Teresa of Avila are in the lead and Mary, Undoer of Knots is only (as of this point) one vote behind. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D

No comments: