Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prayers for Poland; Personal Update

Before I post any sort of update, I just want to ask everyone to please pray for those lives lost in the tragic plane crash that killed the Polish president, his family, and many government officials. A good friend of mine, Maria, is currently studying/working/living in Poland and I know that this news has hit her, as well as others in the country, very hard. I got the news just as it was breaking early this morning (since I stayed up late watching a movie) and the first prayer for the day went to the souls of the deceased. I will dedicate two decades of today's Rosary to them as well. May Our Lady of Częstochowa look after Poland and her citizens in this time of need.

I apologize for not posting anything in over a week. I will publish back posts soon -- as soon as I turn in my Oedipus Rex paper for Humanities class, my POV assignment for Creative Writing, and do my quiz and assignments for World History. Did I mention that I have to turn in a majority of that tonight by 11:30 p.m. Oh yeah. Since a few professors decided to bombard us with assignments for Spring Break, I've been focusing on the work for the past week and a half. Also, what little time I have has been dedicate to novel writing (or, I should say, finishing) since I've been in a creative kick lately. I do have posts to publish, but y'all know that this semester has been crazy and that I sometimes do take a few days to publish all the back posts... but they are published eventually.

Alright, that's enough for now. I have to work hard on my assignments (though I am very happy my Art Appreciation course ended yesterday!). I am also going to confessions later on (I try to go every two weeks, even if I just have one small venial sin on my conscience), which means I have an hour or so that I won't have to study/write.

I hope everyone is having/has a great weekend!

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :)

No comments: