Monday, February 22, 2010

Music Monday: World Youth Day Theme Song


I finished two quizzes, an assignment, and now I'm getting my financial aid stuff all worked out. Mondays are hectic for me. Tomorrow I will be at 3 different campuses in less than 5 hours (seriously), so I am getting everything ready for that. As I said yesterday, no real entry until tomorrow when I can finally breathe... you know, after I drive around L.A., trying to get my transcripts sent to the school I am hoping will accept me for next Fall. Which school that is -- no comment until I know that I am for sure attending it. Anyway, I haven't forgotten today's entry (though it's very late -- 11:33 p.m. PST). I decided to re-vive Music Mondays and thoughts today would be the perfect day.

I chose the theme song, "Receive the Power" by Guy Sebastian and Paulini, from 2008's World Youth Day in Sydney, Australia because it brings wonderful memories to me. Though I personally couldn't attend (due to my anxiety which was still really bad at the time), I watched all the coverage EWTN offered... which was a lot. This song always brought tears to me eyes (and it still does) because of the message it brings to us.

By the way, did you know that you can find the songs to the most recent World Youth Days on XT3? If not, now you do. ;) You can find them here.

Alright, without further ado: the music video for "Receive the Power."


Isn't it a beautiful song? :D I can't wait to hear what the song will be for the next World Youth Day in Madrid (just a year away!) By the way, don't think that because I posted the song, I am telling you guys that the new WYD theme song is about to be released. I don't have that kind of intel. If it comes out soon, it'll be a coincidence. Got it? lol. :D

Alright, I need to get back to filling up these forms before midnight comes around... because that's when a lot of the school websites do their maintenance. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless!

2 comments:

Monique said...

That is a beautiful song!! I love it!

Melissa Cecilia said...

I think I cry almost every time I hear it. I'm so sensitive. lol