Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Update: Great News; Things to Come.

Another quick update because I want to get through my Speech coursework before the end of the day. It's due tomorrow but I want to turn it in tonight. :D

Great news in regards to my thyroid ultrasound reports: I am in the clear! I said a little prayer to St. Blaise while I was on the phone, hoping someone had made a cancellation, and they found an appointment the next day (yesterday). I was happy because I wouldn't have to wait longer to get my results. So, the gist of the situation is this: Apparently, the technician, or whoever decided to ask them to call me to go in sooner than later, made a big mistake. They didn't know (or just didn't bother to check my charts) that I already knew I had a slightly enlarged lymph node. For a newly diagnosed person, it usually means that they need to go in for a biopsy to make sure it isn't cancerous. I already knew this, and had had a biopsy done in November 2007. Anyway, they stressed me out over nothing. My doctor apologized for the mix-up. She said I was perfectly healthy (I had all the tests done last month) and that I didn't need to go back to see her for another 6 months to a year. WHOO! A sincere thank you to all of you who prayed for me. I'm positive that it was the prayers that kept me optimistic, sane, and (most importantly) anxiety free until I got the good news. :D

As I said, I won't be able to write a full post yet (so much homework the first week of school!), but I will soon. Some things I want to eventually get to are:
- Real Meaning of St. Valentine's Day vs Secular celebrations
- Baby in need of prayers/intercession of the late Pope John Paul II
- Christian discrimination case in England
- Twilight book saga/series review (this will probably be an entire post itself)
- Review of the biographies of Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati, written by his sister.
- etc.

I promise I won't overwhelm you all with all of that in a single post. These things are accumulating because of my busy week. Hopefully I'll be able to write quite a bit this weekend. The Twilight thing will have to wait until the first book is returned to me -- my bro is borrowing it. Oops, I just outed you. lol. Hey, I didn't say which of my brothers. :-P

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great week! As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D
.

No comments: