Friday, November 7, 2008

I Have Wedding Fever.

I've caught the wedding fever lately. One of friends is getting married next month so that has gotten me awfully excited. Sadly, I won't be able to attend because it's across the country and I'm pretty much stuck here (in California) until probably the New Year. Anyway, even though that's the case, I'm still excited about the wedding. (And then getting a big house in Ireland with her, her future husband, and my sister. lol.)

I LOVE weddings and what they represent. Two years ago I entertained the idea of becoming a wedding planner. I've already been put on notice by a friend of mine to be ready to help when he is ready to start planning his wedding with his fiance. I put the idea back on the shelf when I decided to stay focused on finished my degree... and then had other family responsibilities (helping dad when he had cancer). Lately, I've started getting this nagging feeling that maybe I should look into it again. I've been watching "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" and I've gotten to the show... again. lol. I don't know what I'm going to do. I mean, the job is PERFECT for me. I love love. I love what a marriage represents. I think I can do a good job creating a great wedding for someone, no matter what their tastes are. And, hey, my Religious Studies degree can come in handy because I'll know the traditions and customs of various religions (sometimes the couple are of two different religions). The more and more I think about it, the better the idea gets. :D We'll see though, I still have time to weigh my options. :D

Oh, and Rebecca at Modestia is also having Bridal Week in case any of you lovely young women want to check out wedding gowns and bridal tips. :D Even though it's very doubtful that I will get married any time soon, I still love looking at the pictures and seeing which are my favorites. :D

And for those of you getting married soon, remember not to get fully caught up in just the planning of it. I know a lot of people wig out over details like what color the bridesmaid's dresses will be, or who is sitting next to who at the reception... and they totally forget what they're actually doing. Remember that importance of it what it is to be married and how incredible it is to be united under God to do his will. The whole significance of marriage is absolutely beautiful and such a blessing. Please, don't take the whole thing for granted. :D

Okay, I have to go tackle my History of World Religions assignment. I also have to get started on the BIG research paper that is due next week (the outline) and the following week (the finished paper). I still have to pick whether I'm going to focus on the sacred art or sacred texts/literature of 3 different religions but I already have the religions picked (Christianity, Judaism, and Buddhism).

Oh, and I have 4,299 words written so far (for NaNoWriMo). Man, I still have a way to go but it's really fun having a deadline for my novel. :D

Oh, and I recently took a Jane Austen heroine quiz (Yes, I DO love Austen) and I got:

I am Elizabeth Bennet!


Take the Quiz here!



Whoo! I do feel I am the most like her out of the other Austen heroines. :D Uh... I think I'm procrastinating now. lol. I'm going to go work on the assignments. lol.

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D

No comments: