Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On the Day of Our Lady of the Rosary...

As I've often written, I am a BIG fan of the Rosary. In fact, I count Rosaries as one of the best gifts someone can give me. One of the best presents I've gotten this year? An emerald bead Rosary. :D I carry one with me wherever I go. Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed -- emotionally or physically -- I can always count on feeling like a huge weight is lifted by simply praying the Rosary. Though I am feeling exhausted and I have a lot to do today, I'm going to take time out to pray the Rosary twice today. From this day on that will be a personal goal of mine; to pray the Rosary once in the morning and once at night every day no matter what I have going on. (side note: I sometimes pray the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy after the Rosary as well.) It will help me concentrate on my faith and take the focus off myself and my problems (it's so easy to go down the selfish, "woe is me" path when you're stressed and sick). So that is what I'm going do. I'm going to finish my email rounds, log off, pray the Rosary, and then study.

I hope everyone will take time off to pray the Rosary at least once today. :D And, if you need a Rosary, you can always make one... there's the Rosary Army website that will show you how. They also have a podcast and other things on the site. :D

But, before I go... I'd like to share this video I found on youtube of Dame Vera Lynn singing "The Rosary". I was looking for the Perry Como version of the song because it's the one I usually listen to but couldn't find it. Oh well. At least Dame Vera does a beautiful rendition of it! :D



Oh, and before I forget... in regards to yesterday's blog: I went to the optometrist and the problem has been solved! WHOO! :D

Alright, I'm off to finish emails and then spend time with one of my Rosaries. :D I hope everyone will have/has/had a great day. :D As always, thanks for reading and God Bless.
.

No comments: