Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Class Surprise: Saints; Personal Message from Pope Benedict XVI.

I'd been nervous about my English (British) Literature course since the minute I knew I would be taking it. Honestly, it's the only course I've been really wigging out over. I don't know why. I know the professor well (she's the BEST professor I've ever had). I was nervous in class; not to the point of anxiety or a panic attack but pretty nervous. I was taking down notes to distract myself when I heard her (my prof.) mention St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine of Canterbury... which just grabbed my attention. See, she was giving us a little bit of a History lesson so we could understand the whole Anglo-Saxon/Norman thing better (trust me, you don't want me to go into that. lol). So she mentioned them and I got very excited... and was even going to correct her about them being Roman Catholic but someone beat me to it. After that, we viewed paintings of the Madonna (the Blessed Virgin Mary... and on her birthday no less!) from the Medieval and Renaissance periods to make one of her points more clear. By that time, the class seemed to go by really fast and I was sad to see it end. I'm now less nervous about the class. Whoo! Who knew that the mention of either saint or of Our Blessed Mother would erase all my nerves in a nanosecond? :D I'm happy now and look forward to class... even if I still haven't finish Beowulf. lol.

I wanted to post a blog about the Blessed Virgin yesterday for her birthday but I was so exhausted. I had such a heavy day that I just got home, jumped on my bed and stayed there until I felted better. In fact, I'm still feeling icky but hopefully it's just the stress. Oy. This is when I'll be asking St. Joseph of Cupertino and St. Dymphna for their intercessions but the stress is big. I am optimistic though. :D *whispers* In any case, please say a little prayer that my anxiety doesn't act up because of the heavy load.

Oh, and before I forget, it was WONDERFUL to wake up yesterday to a personal message from Pope Benedict XVI! All of us who are registered on www.xt3.com (think facebook but Catholic and safe for all ages) received a message from His Holiness in our own inbox. It was awesome, especially for someone like me who was wigging out. lol. If you haven't registered on the site, you can and I believe you can still receive that message that we all got from the Pope. So, what are you waiting for? Go sign up or go check your inbox if you're already a member! :D

Alright, well, I have to go completely my things for Philosophy class because it's due tonight... and then I have to go finish reading Beowulf (have I mentioned that enough times yet? lol) and the intro to Medieval lit in the book before tomorrow morning so... I gotta go. Let the headaches begin! lol.

Hope everyone's having a good start of week. :D Until next time, thanks for reading and God Bless!

P.S. I added some links to the Aquinas and More store in case you ever need something from one of the saints mentioned on this blog. I've always found what I needed at this online store. :D
.

2 comments:

Delaney said...

I'm praying for you! My geometry totally shattered me today, and I'm still recovering. 1.8 cm by 2 cm is NOT a square. There's no need for me to burst into tears about it, but honestly. They don't explain anything and then they go and get their own problems wrong. :P

That's so cool about your professor mentioning those saints! And looking at pictures of Mary during class - yay! :D We're going to be moving my school desk so that I'm not right in front of the window, and I'll just *happen* to be right in front of a picture of Jesus on the wall. Happy, happy. :D

Would it be alright if we kept in touch via email? I miss talking to you, and it's always made me feel better in times of stress. And school is a time of stress. :P Even though I'm excited.

Melissa Cecilia said...

Thanks, sis. Good luck with geometry. I don't even want to think about what picnic I'll have with math when I have to take it next semester.

I'm glad you'll be in front of the picture of Jesus on your wall. Hopefully He'll give you inspiration and will help relieve stress when you're doing your desk. :D

Yes, keeping in touch by e-mail would be great. I'll PM you the main one I use on the MoM forums in a little bit so check your inbox!