Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nos Vemos En España!


Translation: I'll see you guys in Spain! Yes, the rumors were true! The next World Youth Day (2011) is taking place in Madrid, Spain! I probably scared people with how loudly I yelled when I heard. It was one of 2 other places (the others being the U.S. and Ireland) I wanted the next WYD to take place at. *happy sigh*

It's perfect because a) I don't have to learn a new language -- I grew up speaking both English and Spanish, b) I LOVE the food (yes, it all goes back to the food for me, lol), and c) I will be going to a country that I love. You just have to look at my last name to know why I'm so excited (hint: its origin is from Spain). AND, I hope that I'll be able to visit where St. Teresa of Avila grew up and lived as a nun! *squee* lol. It's 3 years away but, oh, the plans have started to come out of my little head. lol. Of course, I have to start saving up (little by little) and I have a feeling both of my parents will want to come, as well (especially my mom... if she can get over the fear of airplanes) so that's even more savings we have to make. Luckily, I'll be done with my first degree by then so I won't have to stress to much about how that's gonna affect my savings. I'm not looking forward to the heat (it gets hotter in Madrid than it does in Southern California) but that's something I'm willing to struggle with to be able to attend WYD. :D

Unfortunately, that's all I have time to write today. Still a very busy time for me. I had hoped to have more down time to write but that's not looking possible any time soon. But, it's good that I'm busy... it keeps me from over-analyzing everything, which is a sort of specialty of mine. lol. I hope to write tomorrow... I still have A LOT that I want to touch on -- especially with the news that an American soccer player chose to leave his team to become a priest. How awesome is that? God Bless him!

Alright, that's all for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks for reading and God Bless!
.

No comments: