Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thought of the Day -- Soul Mates

I read something that really made me think. It said that your soul mate will change your life permanently even if he/she doesn't stick around long. That got me wondering, does that mean I've met my soul mate because I've met someone who's really changed who I was for the better? He and I are no longer friends, and that it ended pretty badly, but I got A LOT out of the friendship and I am truly grateful to have had him around for the time I did. At the same time, I have another person who's had a huge effect on me since he came into my life 2 years ago. Though he and I will never get together in a romantic sense (and I know that comment destroys some of my friends hopes of him and I getting married some day, lol), knowing him has made me grow up and slowly fine tune parts of myself to make them better. Funny thing is that he doesn't even know it... and I will never let him know because I'm stubborn like that. lol. Does this mean that we have more than one soul mate? And, if so, is it different from the whole concept of finding The One and marrying them? Do we just have one soul mate, making the article I read completely bogus? A' ponderin' I will go. :D

If you have any comments or anything on this topic, please feel free to leave a message in the comments. :D

Thanks for reading and God Bless.
.

No comments: